This is my site for links to Genuine Free Stuff as well as some useful advice. I use most of these programs regularly. It's good gear. It's all worth having.

** April 2014. Major revamp and update for relevance happening, especially now that support for Windows XP has ended, and now that we all are addicted to our Android phones. A lot of old stuff is going.

This post in particular started this whole website...

I have been building and using computers since about the Ice Age, from DOS 3 through to Windows 7.
I have been mucking about with mobile phones for quite some time, using Symbian S60 and then Android.

Press F8 at boot to start in safe mode - Windows XP and 7
To see the details of you computer, download, install and run 'Speccy' - shows Operating System, Firewall, Anti-virus and hardware.
If you think you have a virus, start here 'Free Online Virus Scan'. Try any or all, and be patient.

March 26, 2014

Best free File Managers for Android phones - HTC, Samsung and Sony phones - April 2014

Buzz Buzz. I've gone Android.
Sigh, I've finally moved on from Nokia phones with Symbian operating systems.
I've put away the trusty Nokia E63 and scored me a new HTC Desire HD.


The old... The new ...


If you Google search "best free apps for Android or HTC Desire HD" you will find all sorts of things... blah blah Facebook, blah blah Twitter. Blah blah blah.

What I really needed was a File Manager because Android doesn't seem to do File Managers like the good old Symbian phones had.

My phones have always been my mobile office, carrying all my contacts and photos, most of my important Word and Excel documents, and quite a lot of various PDF files.

A quick search of the Android Market found me these two...

Here's the link 1 - ES File Explorer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop



Here's the link 2 - ASTRO File Manager
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro



I am still testing both and use both for slightly different things.
Both do want I want. Both are free.
Cheers. Si.
Checked for links and relevance, April 2014

No comments: