This is my site for links to Genuine Free Stuff as well as some useful advice. I use most of these programs regularly. It's good gear. It's all worth having.

** April 2014. Major revamp and update for relevance happening, especially now that support for Windows XP has ended, and now that we all are addicted to our Android phones. A lot of old stuff is going.

This post in particular started this whole website...

I have been building and using computers since about the Ice Age, from DOS 3 through to Windows 7.
I have been mucking about with mobile phones for quite some time, using Symbian S60 and then Android.

Press F8 at boot to start in safe mode - Windows XP and 7
To see the details of you computer, download, install and run 'Speccy' - shows Operating System, Firewall, Anti-virus and hardware.
If you think you have a virus, start here 'Free Online Virus Scan'. Try any or all, and be patient.

April 13, 2014

How to save website text only, using a Text Document. Windows XP and Windows 7. April 2014

Here's my latest hint - and a very useful and simple tip it is too.
I often want to save only the text on a web page, but it is full of fonts, links and images.
I create a Text Document on my desktop or in some convenient folder.

Here I have right clicked on my desktop to bring up my context menu.
(Incidentally, you can alter your right click context menu using TweakUI.)

\
I will use a page of my site as an example.
Here I have typed 'CTRL A' to highlight 'all text' on the web page.
Then I right click on part of that highlighted text and Copy.



I then go to my Text Document and Paste and Save.



Easy peasy - all the text without formatting, fonts or images.
You will find this a very helpful tip, so don't forget it.

Cheers. Si.
Checked for Windows XP and Windows 7 relevance.

No comments: